BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 24, 2009

"Married in Seattle" by Debbie Macomber

I am a fan of Debbie Macomber's work. Her stories are sweet with a touch of humor and deal with real life issues. "Married in Seattle" is two books in one but each with an identicle theme - marriages being arranged for the main character.

Now, I have read a LOT of Debbie Macomber's books and while there are some similar themes, I can't really recall any that were this similar and it kind of bummed me a little. The first story in the book is "First Comes Marriage." In this story, our main character is Janine and her beloved grandfather has chosen a husband for her. Of course she has no interest in marriage, nor does the intended groom, but through a series of comedic attempts at NOT being together, well... you'll have to read it for yourself to see the outcome!

Story number two is "Wanted: Perfect Partner." In this story, our heroine, Meg, finds herself on an un-wanted blind date that was arranged by her teenage daughter who placed a personal ad for her! This story most definitely was funny and at times I found myself laughing out loud. The game of will they?/won't they got a little tiresome at some points but again... of course there'll be a happy ending.

Both of these stories apparently were released separately back in the early to mid 1990's and just this year were released as a set in this one book. If you are a fan of Debbie Macomber's and are looking for a light and easy read, I highly recommend this one. I would imagine for such a gifted writer, that these two stories were a breeze to write.

I wonder if she chuckled at the typewriter as I did while I was reading?

No comments: